On June 1st I went back to work for the first time since I was pregnant with Miles; which explains why I’ve been MIA recently. Only a week and a half until summer break though!! haha
Anyway, we were playing outside this afternoon drawing with chalk on the driveway. Chloe wanted to write the whole alphabet, but she forgot how to make some of the letters. I told her I’d write it and she could copy me- which ended up turning into a game. Don’t you love when that happens?!
We played so many different games with the alphabet. She was entertained for a good hour, and it only took 2 minutes to set it up. That’s the best kind of activity as far as I’m concerned.
- I’d call out a letter and she would jump to it.
- I’d call out a sound and she would jump to it.
- Follow the leader- she would jump to random letters (saying what they are), and I had to follow her
- She would throw a rock and say the letter it landed on. Bonus points awarded if she could think of a word that begins with that letter.
- She had to try to make it across the driveway without stepping on a letter. If she accidentally stepped on one she had to say what it was and what sound it makes.
The list goes on…
It’s funny how something so simple could be so engaging to an almost 4 year old. Now if I could just think of something similar for Miles…